"I think this website - text and video - cover all the important points, topics and questions you might need, but if you have a question not covered please contact me directly :"
John on the set of his family film " Malaika"
Who is John Rodsett
aka Mr. Film Biz?
20 Things You Should Know
- A film & entertainment executive for over 30 years.
- Extensive production involvement with numerous TV series including MASH.
- Owned independent film and sales agency firm from 1987 until present.
- Executive produced 20 independent films – see IMDB.
- Distribution/sales agent for hundreds of independent films around the world
- Extensive global film and media experience including packaging and financing numerous film and media projects around the world.
- Attended over many years, all the prestigious film markets and film festivals including Cannes, Sundance, Toronto, Tokyo, MIFED, AFM, MIPCOM, etc
- Significant marketing relationships with the major film trade papers around the world – Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Screen International and The Business of Film.
- Professional training with a global finance and accounting firm in London.
- Olympic Games, Vice President, Los Angeles.
- University adjunct professor at the University of Washington and at the University of Miami.
- International Distributor for Marvel CD games including Spiderman, X-Men and Iron Man.
- Consulted, in London, for such music entities as Duran Duran and Sade.
- Involved in film productions all over the world including England, Germany, Thailand, Brazil, Yugoslavia, Italy, Chile, USA, Japan and Canada.
- Extensive knowledge of film financing of independent films both in the US and globally.
- Produced marketing strategy in the USA & Mexico, for a commemorative video and medallion gift set, for Pope John Paul II.
- Written book “The Film Biz Bible” on the independent film business.
- Presenter of the “Two Day Film Biz” seminar – an in depth seminar on the independent film business.
- Don’t bother counting ,I know its not 20 things!!
John at the American Film Market (AFM) 2009